Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day One, Blog One

I have been thinking a lot about starting a blog.  I used to keep one of sorts back in the days when having a Myspace page was cool - but we all know how long ago that was.  When I was attending Texas A&M University, things would just sort of happen to me...all the time!  Funny things, embarrassing things, cool things; it became quite comical so I just started to write them down. I wish I had saved some of those stories because they were really good.
At any rate, my life isn't so much funny college stories anymore as it is funny and embarrassing kid stuff.  If you're a parent you know what I'm talking about: poop, pee, first words, fevers, grades, chores, outbursts in public where you can't beat them down (kidding there...maybe) blah blah blah, and the list goes on and on.  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, keep up with me - I'm sure there will be some awesome (and very true) scenarios that you find hard to believe...until you have minions of your own - then you'll remember back and think, "man, her kids were precious angels compared to my spawn of Satan!"
Okay, maybe that's a bit of a stretch - wishful thinking on my part, because let me tell you, right now "Maniacal" is spot on for me!  I'm very much looking forward to when my children are perfect little angels.  In my house, I like to call this "bed time."
As far as this blog goes, I'm not really sure how often I'll be writing or what the subject matter will be.  I promise it won't be all boogers and bath time stories, and I'm going to try my hardest to keep this from turning into a carnival of complaining too.  So join me and hang on, because you're in for a ride!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Jess.....when I started my first blog (about 4 years ago it is now closed) I had a hard time finding tsuff to write about. Before I knew it I had tons and tons of followers that would email me daily asking questions. Then I didn't even have to think I just blogged. I started a new one recently caus blogging is theraputic. Good luck

    ReplyDelete